Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Nov 13, 2012



孙的成就是最大的幸
If you want happiness for a lifetime –
help the next generation.
Moral: The successes or failures of your children begin with you.
D&C 68:25-30


Dear Family!!!
 This week... Well it has been great!  The good news is we aren't alone in our hallway anymore.  We got new Mandarin missionaries in last Wednesday.  They are still adjusting to missionary life, but I know they are working hard and will all be great missionaries.  It has been really awesome for me.  I didn't realize how much I truly find joy in serving and helping other people, but this week has been especially great because of this.  We have had the opportunity to help them through their first few days and make sure they always know what is going on.  It is nice because the things I remember being frustrated with we have helped them to kind of not worry about as much.  Another great blessing to me has been our third companion Sister Davies.  She is the Stott's cousin which is great and she is the greatest thing in the world.  She has been such a light to us this week.  She has been going through some crazy health problems since being here, but despite that and having NO other Thai missionaries in the MTC she always lifts others up.  She has been a great example to me and helped me reach out to many people I would not have otherwise.  We also got to go on another adventure outside the MTC to the doctors office.  It was fun to be around some little kids and to talk to people other than missionaries and the branch Presidency.

Saying "Good-bye" to Elder Gummow
I love hearing from my brother Elder Gummow!!! He is truly and inspiration to all of us in the MTC.  We love receiving updates.  It helps us all stay more focused on our purpose.  Everytime I get a letter I feel so excited to learn this language and to teach the Taiwanese people.  Thank you for helping us all out mom!  The elders truly love the letters.  You have no idea!!!  ha ha their teacher also wants you to start emailing him as well if you can.  I will write his email down and send it to you.  He was so happy for his missionaries as I'm sure all the teacher's are.  We are becoming closer and closer to our teachers.  They truly do bless our lives.  I am so grateful for their help.  They inspire me to be better and to learn more every day.

Thank you for all the updates from home.  It is great to hear what is going on in everyone's lives and to know people still care.  :)  I know all the missionaries greatly appreciate it!!!  You should see mail time... happiest time of the day :)  Anyways to be honest... I have no idea what to write this week.  I have had so many amazing experiences this week, but it is not always something I know how to explain.  The MTC is a very great time for personal growth.  I know I have been feeling that a lot this week.  I can see the lord trying to shape me into a better person.  I must admit I don't think I have ever been as tired as I was this week.  I could definitely use some extra prayers this week for me, my companion, and sister davies.  The closer our departure date gets the more I want to study and learn this language.  I am going to need some definite help from above if I am to accomplish the lords will with my language and gospel knowledge.


Have a great week and my thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Love,

Wen jei mei (sister Sara Gummow)


Here are some pictures she sent this week - 
Before Elder Gummow departed for Taiwan

Elder and Sister Gummow with neighbor, Sis B.
Halloween at the MTC (I think)


Having fun with the glowsticks I sent


More Glowstick fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment