Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Find A Special Gift for Christ -


Family!  I love you all so much!  Can't wait to talk to you.  Thank you for all your efforts to make things special in the mission field and for all your love and support.  It really made the difference this week for me and my companion.  I finally had time to put up the door Christmas tree.  It was more than wonderful and makes me smile every time I see it.  I think it is the best Christmas tree I have ever had.  Everytime I see it it is a wonderful reminder of Christ and of all the loved ones at home supporting me and all the other missionaries.
I am a tiny bit sad because we still don't have speakers for my CD player so we haven't got to enjoy the CDs but it's ok... I will still listen to the Christmas ones after Christmas.  Taiwan really doesn't celebrate it much.. even my companion.  Her family doesn't really... I think it is so easy to lose the real meaning of Christmas.  They compare it to Chinese New Years, but there is really nothing that can compare to Christmas.  I know it is because the spirit is so strong during this holiday as we celebrate Christ's birth.
We had a zone conference, a Christmas activity in my ward, and caroling in my ward.  All of these activities were so focused on Christ   People don't even really know about Santa, but the connector between cultures is Christ.  No matter who celebrates what we can all honor Christ and His wonderful birth.  It really helped me have so much peace and joy this Christmas season.  This Christmas I am so happy to be showing the lord that I really am giving Him the best gift I could.  I am giving Him my hands, my will, and my heart.  I am a tool in His hands everyday.  This isn't something that we can just do on missions though.  I would encourage everyone  (if they haven't already)  Find a special gift you can give to Christ.  I know for me there were many things I loved that I gave up to be here.  What are you willing to give up for Christ?
This week my companion and I played a game with some members.  She had pictures of different things like water, food, scriptures, clothes, electronics, family, etc.  She would lay down two and they had to choose what was more important.  They were usually always left with family.  Then she would put down a picture of the savior.  It was interesting to see what people would choose.  Many chose their family.  I can testify, just as my companion did that all those things are important, but Christ is most important.  If we choose Him we cannot go wrong.  He gave us all those things.  The great thing is that if we choose Him he is more able to bless us with all the other things.  I know I have seen that since being on a mission.  In a very realistic sense I chose my savior above all else.  I feel so blessed and I know you have all seen many blessings in your lives that I think are a direct result of our service.  The lord loves all of His children and I am grateful I can share just a bit of that love with everyone else.  My goal is to be able to share a bit of the saviors love with the Taiwanese people because I will be like Him.  I hope we can all work towards this goal!  Merry Christmas everyone.  My heart is with you today and while you are spending time in all the fun of Christmas remember your missionaries all over the world.  This Christmas I will be teaching two different families about the savior, I will be contacting and tracting to teach people how to pray, what the Book of Mormon means in my life.  This is the best Christmas I could every ask for!  What greater gift could we give than the gospel that so blesses all our families!  Jia you :) wo ai nimen!!!

Love,

Sister Gummow

No comments:

Post a Comment