Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Another mountain! August 12, 2013

Sister Gummow is working hard as a trainer and has asked our/your help in praying for her and her companion as they overcome their challenges and strive to be good missionaries.  I know we pray for all the missionaries, but we might need to be specific this week. Pray that fears and physical limitation will be healed and their tongues will be loosed.  If any of you have words of encouragement, feel free to email or write both Sara and her companion.

On a lighter note, they are putting together a ward "Luau" for an activity and Sara had lots of practice from working at the Polynesian Cultural Center in Hawaii and planning single's ward luaus too.  It should be fun and since Taidong seems so much like Hawaii, it should help her feel right at home!

"Family!!!  

1st I have to tell you a huge thank you!  I got your letters and updates and I NEEDED it more than you could ever know.  I realize from talking with other missionaries how extremely lucky I am to have such an amazing family.  You are so wonderful and so supportive.  I think the lord knew I would need your support out here because He was going to throw some tricky things my way...
.......What is hard for me this transfer is seeing my companion struggle so much and doing all I can to help her and seeing her still struggle. ....She is wonderful and I love her sooo much!  I have no doubt that in 9 weeks when training is over she will be well set to face any of her challenges.  I also know that all the challenges I have faced have just been preparing me for this most recent struggle and have equipped me with the ability to help her overcome.  

The lord has been answering my prayers.  We have been feeling very close to the pioneers lately and I am grateful for all their sacrifices for us.  The hardest thing lately is that because of all our struggles our area is suffering. All of our miracle contacts have dropped off and we are basically down to no progressing investigators and 1 with a baptismal date.  I know it is because the Lord knew that we couldn't do it right now, but something needs to happen fast to change things and I am running out of ideas.  My faith is still high, but this mission fast tomorrow is going to be my last shot.  I don't know what more I could possible give or do......

I am so grateful for you all.  I can just tell you now that it is only because of all of your kindness and support.  It is because of your love that I know I can make it and I have the strength to keep going because even though I may be supporting a lot here I know what strength I have behind me at home and it keeps me strong.  That is the definition of hope right there... you guys!  I love you!!!  

Sister Gummow"

No comments:

Post a Comment