Wednesday, October 10, 2012

October 9, 2012

New Pictures from Sara!!


Sara's MTC District!

Her District + their sister district of 3

Sister Gummow and Sister Bond
Wen Jie Mei /Bai Jie Mei

P-Day!! Letters and Laundry!

Getting some TLC (and blood drawn) from the MTC

Sara's District after on Saturday
after the big announcement!

Sisters from her generation going to Taiwan

Getting ready to watch General Conference -
(Matt catching some air!)

Brother and Sister!
(Notice all the looks in the background.....
perhaps they don't look much like brother and sister.)










General Conference 2012
Hello Dear Family!

 I am so excited to be writing you today.  I got to write a long letter this morning too, but a quick recap for all those who want to know about the secret going-ons in the MTC.... So conference was amazing!  It was a nice break from the routine schedule of everyday.  They even gave us permission to write letters on Saturday night because we finished early.  Our schedules were pretty much based around meal time, study time, conference sessions (or waiting for conference sessions to start), temple walk, more conference, more study time, and relief society broadcast/priesthood session.  Sunday was basically the same though at night we had a 1 hour fireside and then a church movie/talk of choice.  We do a whole lot of studying here if you didn't pick up on that.  One thing that my companion and I always joke about is how we are somehow always late for being early.  Missionaries get a little carried away... 15 min early is barely cutting it for being on time, 30 min early you may be able to find a seat with your district.... some people go 45 to 50 min early... a little bit much I would say, but I also was the one who was at least 15 min. late to EVERYTHING!  Ha ha the mission is already curing me of that.

My companion and I are trying very hard to be exactly obedient this week and most especially to be on time to everything.  We have been pretty successful though sadly Bai Jei Mei was sick this week :(  She is feeling better now though.  We have had a very relaxing P-day so far and we were blessed with great weather, though I have been absolutely freeezing lately!!!  Today was nice thankfully and we actually get to enjoy it.
My district is fantastic!  We are a little family now and we are very close.  It is still amazing to me how inspired each of the districts here are.  We are probably the very last Mandarin speakers here for 12 weeks.  With the big conference news they are cutting down on everyone's time in the MTC after us.  The next Mandarin districts will be here for only 9 weeks.  This is a little sad for us, but I am grateful.  I know by the end of 12 weeks I will be much more prepared with the language and ready to teach!  My classes aren't quite as difficult anymore.  I have 2 fantastic teachers and the more I speak the better I get at the language.  It has been fun and I am proud to be learning the Chinese language.  Sometimes I envy others who are learning a more common language who are only here for 9 weeks, but then I hear them talk and I know the Lord has been preparing me in every way to learn the Mandarin language and teach the Taiwanese people.  I would not have it any other way!!!
Thank you so much for the packages and letters!  I have been so blessed.  I think everyone in my district is jealous of me ;P  It seems like almost every mail time I was getting something sweet from people back home.  I could not be more grateful.  I really needed the pick me ups and my district was blessed as well.  All the candy my mom sent kept us all awake through all the meetings this past weekend.  I especially enjoyed Elder Hollands talk this time.  I was so impressed by the way he described the situation with Peter and the other apostles fishing.  They loved the lord, he knew it, but they were not showing it.  This is why I went on a mission.  I love the lord and I knew this is what he needed me to do.  I am going forth to feed his sheep.  I can't wait to bless the lives of the Taiwanese people with the gift of the gospel.  I have been so blessed my entire life and I can't wait to share this message with them.  I know the lord is preparing people for me to teach right now.  I am grateful to be an instrument in his hands.  I hope we can all find the way we can best serve him.  I hope you all enjoyed general conference.  It truly was historic.

Some random facts about the MTC.  Everyone gets excited over the most ridiculous things.... every fireside and meeting where we have speakers missionaries start spreading rumors that an Apostle is coming to speak so get there extra early.  Every time we sing a different sort of hymn at a meeting people get waaay excited and have little shouts of excitement (especially when we sang A Child's Prayer).  When the tabernacle choir sang "I know Heavenly Father Loves Me", it was the best thing in the world because there was a slideshow with it and it's a unique song.  I really enjoyed it!  It was relaxing to watch Joseph Smith First Vision as the movie on Sunday night.  We all laugh over the most ridiculous things in class because we can only handle so much studying, though the longer I'm here the more my capacity increases thank heavens.  The elders truly are great examples to the sisters.  We are blessed by their priesthood and their calling.  I only hope we can leave them with a little of our spirit and desire to serve the lord faithfully as well.

Thanks so much for everything!!! I truly am blessed and I am so grateful to have so much support!!!

Love,

Wen Jie Mei (sister gummow ^_^y)
 http://www.lds.org/general-conference

No comments:

Post a Comment