Monday, November 25, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

  So great to hear from Sister Gummow this week!  It was transfers, so we were excited to hear of the changes!

"Well first I want to say a huge thank you so a wonderful mother and father who created such a perfect family!  I love our family so so much and I am so grateful for all that you have done for me!!!  I love you so much!!!!  

So to answer moms questions (thank you for bolding them ha ha - I am working on remembering to answer you first now)  They do not have any Airborne here... i have looked :( :(  that is one thing I wouldn't mind in a Christmas package especially the chew able ones... they saved me in the mtc.  

Anyways the gravy also turned out ok... not the best, but still ok (below is the picture of me a little nervous trying to figure all the cooking stuff out...).
I was actually super surprised at how everything was.  I also have a request of a member.  She lived in the Utah before and loves cooking.  She made the best meal for us last night and she is looking for a good pumpkin cheesecake recipe.  She said she had one before that didn't have a crust and it was amazing... so if you know of any good ones she would love it!  I also was hoping for a good sugar cookie recipe and frosting because we may be doing an activity with some of our investigators and members to help them get to know each other. When I was sick I was super blessed because it was seriously just one night.  I woke up the next morning and was perfectly fine.  I felt like it was some crazy nightmare. :p but thank goodness it didn't slow me down at all.

So cool to hear of all the things going on at home! I hope Elise has a great experience on her mission!

So this week the number one thing I am grateful for... I am still with Sister D!  She is such a fun companion.  We are not perfect, but she is still so so much fun and I am so happy to be with her.  Here are a few pics from her camera.  We used your cake for one of our trainings on progressing investigators. So much fun!  Everyone loved it. 


Ran into the Elders in Sanxia.  So funny! they were studying/ sleeping after dinner.  



This week will probably be much like Matt's was last week - a huge focus on finding!  Our investigators are dying out a little bit so we are hoping to find some good ones this week.  We have also had quite a bit of success at retaining and reactivating LA's so that has been really cool.  Sorry I am running out of time to share any specific experiences, but things have been good.  Oh and sister Z is now in Jilong so I am her sister training leader.  I am so happy!  I get to go on exchanges with her and talk to her all the time.  ya!  well that is about it!  I love you all and I hope you know how grateful I am for such a wonderful family!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment